Getting pregnant after 35? – Boost your fertility
In our career driven, fast, competitive society, couples mostly plan for late pregnancy these days. With respect to the age at which a woman is getting pregnant, she is broadly categorised in either of the following:
- Low risk category – When she is within the age of 30 years
- Moderate risk category – When she is between 30-35 years
- High risk category – When she is above 35 years
Advanced maternal age: Getting pregnant after 35
Yes! Age definitely plays an important role when it comes to getting pregnant. The younger you are, the easier it is to conceive. But that does not mean getting pregnant after 35 is not possible. As a matter of fact, most women pregnant after 35 have successfully delivered healthy babies! Needless to say, with age our immunity weakens and we tend to have certain health related issues. The following could be reasons to worry in case of advanced maternal age:
- The chances of having twins or multiples increases with maternal age. Fertility treatments, which is more common in older women can increase the probability of twins or multiples too.
- Being diabetic can cause tension in your pregnancy. In certain cases, women develop diabetes while they are pregnant.
- Another problem that older women are exposed to is High blood pressure (or hypertension). They can even tend to develop high blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Babies born to older women are susceptible to birth defects due to genetic disorders or chromosomal issues.
- The probability of stillbirth or miscarriage is higher with age.
- Pre-eclampsia is a disorder where the mother suffers from high blood pressure which she developed while being pregnant.
- Chances to giving birth to premature babies is more.
Click here to know more about the risks of advanced maternal age.
Like said earlier, getting pregnant after 35, at an advanced maternal age does not necessarily mean bad news, certain changes tips and tricks could lead to a healthy pregnancy. The first thing one should do while planning to get pregnant after 35 is to boost their fertility.
Natural ways to boost your Fertility
Even though fertility and age go hand in hand, but there are ways to keep your fertility nourished. Some diet and lifestyle tips and tricks could help you in getting pregnant after 35, with a healthy pregnancy.
- Foods with antioxidants: Intaking antioxidants like folate and zinc help in improving fertility for both the partners. Antioxidants disable the free radicals in the body, which damages the sperm and egg cells.Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains are high in antioxidants like vitamins C and E, folate, beta carotene, and lutein.
- A wholesome breakfast: Consuming a wholesome breakfast help woman with fertility problems. PCOD – Polycystic Ovarian Disease is one of the major reasons for infertility. The impacts of PCOD can be reduced by intaking a larger wholesome breakfast.
- Say no to trans-fat: Consumption of healthy fat every day is important for boosting fertility and overall health. However, trans fats are associated with an increased risk of ovulatory infertility, due to their negative effects on insulin sensitivity.
- Low carb diet: Maintaining a low carb diet is recommended for women with Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD). Not just low carb diet, refined carbs should be specifically avoided.
- Consumption of fiber: Fiber helps in keeping the blood sugar level balanced in your body by getting rid of excess hormones. They can also help in removing extra estrogen by binding it to the intestines eventually draining out of the body as waste products.
- Protein sources: Replacing some animal proteins (such as meat, fish, and eggs) with vegetable protein sources (such as beans, nuts, and seeds) is associated to a reduced risk of infertility.
- High fat dairy: Intaking high fat dairy instead of low fat can reduce problems associated with infertility.
- Multivitamin intake: Chances of infertility can be reduced with the intake of multivitamin every day.
- Exercise regularly: Exercising regularly is beneficial for women with PCOD. It also increases fertility in both women and men. However, excessive exercise might have negative impacts on fertility of women. A balanced exercise is what is required.
- Rest:Taking time out to relax is very important. The hormonal imbalance when in stress acts negatively on fertility for both men and women. Hence, taking breaks from all the worries in regular intervals is very important.
- Reduce caffeine: Even though the association between caffeine and fertility is not confirmed yet, it is always better to limit the consumption to one to two cups a day.
Prenatal Genetic Testing while planning to get pregnant
The primary concern of parents-to-be and their relatives is to have a healthy baby while keeping the well-being of the mother. Apart from boosting your fertility through various natural ways and consultation with doctors, Prenatal Genetic Testing while you are planning your family, can give you more clarity.
Genetic Testing is a new day technology which gives us the details of our genes. The process involves screening of our genes and understanding the risks that you or your future baby might be exposed to.
While planning for a baby, Carrier Testing is done. This is Genetic Screening Test. It is done on both the parents. The result of Carrier Testing will determine whether you are capable to pass on your genetic disorders to your child.
For a baby to have genetic disorder, he or she needs to have two defected genes.
If the result in Carrier Testing is positive, further a Diagnostic Screening Test is performed. This test gives you the insights of the risk. The results help you understanding the risks better and enables you to take your decisions properly.
Click here to learn more about Prenatal Genetic Testing
Role of truGeny
truGeny is an end to end Genetic Counselling and Testing services platform in India. We are on a mission to build a healthier nation, where no new born is born with difficulties. We know how difficult it gets both for the parents and the child to survive through the pain of genetic disorder. The societal and financial burden makes it even more complicated.
Expert Genetic counsellors from truGeny are certified. They help you in understanding the risk of you passing on a genetic condition to your future child. This process includes understanding your health and family history. Post which they will further guide you whether you require Genetic Testing. Soon after the testing process, the counsellors guide you through your report helping you plan your course of action.
We understand the current scenario where heading out from home, or visiting a doctor could be risky hence we are providing the entire service package from the comfort of your home.
Book your appointment now! Visit www.trugeny.com